Using scraps to create this salvaged wood wedding date sign. And easy DIY that could be used for a wedding or anniversary.
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. -Thomas Edison
We have a pile of scrap wood on the side of our home that is always ready for us to make something with it.
Whether it’s a wood quilt or pantry shelves, there are always cool projects to do. Here are 6 salvaged wood projects we’ve posted about.
Today, we are sharing this quick and easy salvaged wood wedding date sign.
We made it to commemorate our anniversary, but this would be super fun for a rustic backyard wedding like this one we shared.
*We use affiliate links which could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our disclosure policy here for additional information.
- Wood scraps
- Small nails
- Wood glue
- Stain, if needed
- Paint, if needed
- Sandpaper or sanding sponge
WOOD WEDDING DATE SIGN DIRECTIONS
- Attach pieces of salvaged wood together with wood glue.
- On the back, nail two pieces of wood trim pieces to the top and bottom to secure the sign together.
- Stain any areas that were cut or may need to be made a little more rustic looking. This is what we do: DIY RECLAIMED/WEATHERED WOOD
- If you have any pieces that are not “old” enough” you can use tolls to rough it up to get the look you want.
- Paint numbers, if desired, and attach them to the sign with glue.
- Using sandpaper or a sanding sponge, distress the numbers if desired.
MORE DIY PROJECTS
Here are a few more projects we think you will enjoy:
- 20 Budget-Friendly Farmhouse Projects
- Thrift Store Farmhouse Desk Organizer Makeover
- Rustic DIY Bathroom SOAP Sign
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this salvaged wood wedding date sign, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.