Here is a fabulous dining room window seat makeover to change over your home on a budget.
No trip to Home Depot is complete without at least two more trips to Home Depot for things you didn’t know you would need. – abbyhasissues
Hello Salvage Friends!!!
We are thrilled to share another wonderful salvage feature with you.
Today we welcome…..Tara from Penniesfromheavenhome on Instagram. She calls simple joys ‘pennies from heaven’ and shares her home and DIY projects. Make sure you stop on by and say hi!
*Affiliate links included and we could earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, you can view our Disclosure Policy HERE.
Recently Tara shared a before and after project of her dining room window seat. We knew it would be a perfect project to share with our salvaged community!
WINDOW SEAT MAKEOVER SUPPLIES
Here is what was done to create a whole new look:
- Painted all the dark wood trim and the bench white (Behr Ultra White).
- Replaced the curtains with driftwood colored bamboo blinds.
- The wall color went from yellow to Behr Silver Drop which is a light gray.
- Recover the yellow bench cushions with a textured gray fabric.
- The previous owner left all the throw pillows so they recovered some with different accent fabrics. (WHOOHOO to the salvaging of those pillows – pillow covers are great for this!!!) * If you don’t sew, pillow covers are an inexpensive way to change out décor and reuse pillows.
And the Window Seat Makeover AFTER:
Isn’t this a great little reading nook? And it’s so bright and cheery now! Don’t forget Tara has many other DIY projects on Instagram.
Here is another before and after of her home:
It often takes just a little bit of paint and some creativity, and not a ton of cash, to create a whole new space.
MORE DIY PROJECTS
Here are a few budget-friendly home improvement posts we think you will enjoy:
- Under $500 Thrifty Kitchen Makeover
- Dining Room Makeover -On a Budget
- Low-Cost Rustic Bathroom Makeover
And if you are interested in a possible feature, you can get more information here.
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this post window seat makeover, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.