Turn those leftover cupcakes into a tasty dessert parfait.
Cupcakes are muffins who believed in miracles.
For some people, leftover cupcakes are like some kind of strange phenomena, right up there with UFOs. And yet, there are many parties that have a platter of cake goodness leftover. So what to do with them?
Of course, you can always ask guests to take them, give to a neighbor, or send them to the office but sometimes that doesn’t get rid of them all. In fact, if it’s the holiday season, there is just an excess of goodies all around.
You may feel like you are left to stare at them and they are taunting you to eat them or throwing them out…NOOOOOOO!
IDEAS FOR LEFTOVER CUPCAKES
*Affiliate links used and we could earn from qualifying purchases. Please see our Disclosure Policy for more information.
- You can flash freeze the entire cupcake as is (freeze individually first/link shows how to with berries/same way).
- Another fantastic option is to scrape off the frosting and freeze that separately.
- The cupcakes can be stored in a freezer bag and frosted at another time and then you can make this…
LEFTOVER CUPCAKE DESSERT PARFAIT
CUPCAKE FLASH FREZE AND PARFAIT INSTRUCTIONS
- Remove frosting with a butter knife (see above on freezing info).
- Take the cupcakes and cut them up in squares.
- Label a freezer bag with the contents and the date.
- Lay the cut-up cupcake in one flat layer in a freezer zip bag.
- Freeze them up to about 3 months.
- The next time you have some company or want a dessert for one, you can pull out the cake cube bag and make a simple dessert parfait.
- Take a clear glass (great mason jar reuse)
- Add a layer of cake
- A layer of whipped cream, ice cream, yogurt, custard, or pudding
- A layer of fruit
- Repeat layers and garnish with sprinkled cocoa powder, mint, chocolate curls, etc.
*The trick about making a parfait is to have pronounced layers. Make sure you are looking at the outside of the glass while building so you can see each individual row of goodness.
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this leftover cupcakes dessert parfait, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.