My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk until I faint. -Emma Bombeck
Vintage Ironing Board Mug Rack
Last but not least, here is a mug rack that was repurposed from a family heirloom…
MORE RESCUED PROJECTS
Vintage Ironing Board Mug Rack Upcycle:
- Pulled all the layers of fabric off (find a vintage board here- Ironing Board)
- Gently removed the broken legs (which will be saved to make something funky!).
- Predrilled holes for the mounting brackets
- Attached the World Market adjustable rack (scored great price due to bent part).
- Screwed everything down
- Touched up screw heads with black paint
- Attached it to the wall with some molly screws (quite heavy once mugs are added)
It can hang vertical or horizontal (the hooks move 360degrees).
A big THANKS to Sarah for sharing this great project. You can also find her on Facebook!