This Valentine wood bead garland craft is quick to make and brings a simple farmhouse look to your home decor.
Wood garland is like jewelry for your home decor. 😊 Okay, so it may not be needed but it is a simple thing to make and to add to your home for a little holiday flair. With very few items and some SALVAGED items, you can make these for yourself or to give to a friend.
SALVAGE TIP – Don’t have the exact items, you can always use your craft store coupons or give it a whirl with items you think might work just as well.
Time: 20 minutes plus dry time
*We are Amazon Associates and can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more of our disclosure policy here.
- Wood beads in 3 varying sizes – 27 in total (9 of each size)
- Paint – Coral, White, Pink
- Valentine’s ribbon
- Wood skewers
- Cardboard rolls, such as paper towel, gift wrap, toilet paper
- Poke holes in cardboard rolls to hold skewers above the table.
- Thread beads through skewers and paint 3 of each size coral, 3 of each size white, and 3 of each
size pink. *You can always adjust the color of the paint to soften it by mixing in white paint.
- When the paint is dry, thread beads through the twine. Tie a knot in both ends of the twine to secure
beads, but do not trim short yet. Tie a loop in the top end for hanging.
- Create a pom-pom type end for the bottom by wrapping twine around four fingers several times.
Tie off with a small piece of twine and cut the opposite end open so the ends hang free. Repeat
with ribbon. Tie the ribbon and the twine pieces together and secure to the end of the string of
beads to create the pom-pom. SALVAGE TIP–This is a great way to use up leftover scrap ribbon!
- Set out for display or give as a gift.
Pretty and fun, right?
Now, you can use your imagination to create them for any holiday or use “naked” beads for a natural everyday look.
So, would you keep for yourself or give as a gift (no shame either way)!
MORE VALENTINE SALVAGE PROJECTS
Before you leave to create this garland, here are a few more projects we think you will enjoy:
- Painted Mason Valentine Jar Lantern with Heart Cut-Outs
- DIY Cardboard Pallet Heart Valentine Garland
- Valentine Sugar Scrub with Salt Dough Tags
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this Valentine Wood Bead Garland post, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.