A Valentine sugar scrub gift for that special person in your life…maybe that’s you!
To be brave is to love someone uncontionally, without expecting anything in return. – Madonna
It’s FRI-YAY….and you know what that means. It’s time for Salvage Sister & Mister Feature Me!
There is so much great inspiration out there, and we are honored to feature YOU.
Today’s Valentine Sugar Scrub project comes from an Instagrammer @saffronanddaisies.
She is an IT professional by the day who loves to do fun projects with her kids and around the house. She is also a decor enthusiast who runs a small handmade handloom fabric pillow covers from India. The Prints are made of a technique called Kalamkari which is from Southern Part of India. The fabric is 100% cotton and dyed using vegetables. No artificial dyes or colors.
This is not only a fun gift but also a great way to reuse mason jars, like empty jam jars you have saved, and also scrapbook paper leftovers.
*Affiliate links used and we could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our Disclosure Policy HERE.
The amount needed for your ingredients will depend upon the size of the jar and how many you are making. Basically the sugar will be the main ingredient.
- 4 oz Ball Jars (or whatever you have on hand)
- Red or Pink Food Coloring (do as many drops as needed to get the desired color)
- Peppermint Oil
- 1 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil per jar
- Bowl (think thrift store find here)
- Spoon or Spatula (also a thrift store find would be great here)
- Ribbons scraps, washi tape, or scrapbook paper to decorate with. Basically, whatever you have on hand.
- With the jar, scoop the desired amount of sugar.
- Pour the sugar into a bowl.
- Add some red food coloring, a scant 4-5 drops of peppermint oil along with 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil (per jar).
- Stir the mixture to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture back into the mason jar.
- Decorate the jar as you like.
Note– We did a coffee scrub a while back and then found out that coffee is no good in a shower/bath as it clogs the drains. We did some research and found this info on sugar scrubs to ensure of no plumbing issues: “You don’t have to stop scrubbing if you look for scrubs containing sea salt or sugar, as both break down quickly with water exposure.” – lapinte.com
BUT WAIT…THERE’S MORE……….
SALT DOUGH TAGS
BONUS – She also included her info for those salt dough tags you can attach to the jar for décor and as an added gift.
- Mix AP flour, salt, and water into a dough and keep aside for 30 minutes covered. (Here is an exact recipe, but it’s basically 1 part salt to 2 parts flour to 1 part water)
- Roll out and cut shapes using a cooking cutter, she used the heart shape.
- Poke the hole at the top with a small dowel.
- Wait for them to dry.
- She let the kids doodle the beautiful designs with sharpies.
MORE VALENTINE INSPIRATION
Here are a few top Valentine posts in case you missed them:
- Valentine Wood Bead Garland
- Painted Mason Valentine Jar Lantern with Heart Cut-Outs
- Cricut Valentine Mason Gift Jar
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this Valentine scrub gift idea, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.