No need to toss that flat or expired pop down the drain. Here are ways to use up flat soda including recipes!
When we originally posted this, there were 5 uses and recipes. We have expanded it because you all wanted more! Ask and you shall receive.
So what do you call it…soda or pop or coke?
I can remember going to a baseball game when I was young. My dad took me to get a drink and I asked for an orange coke as every soda was a coke. The guy looked at me look I was crazy.
Well, no matter what you call it, it’s a bummer when soda loses its zip.
Have no fear, Salvage Sister & Mister are here.
- Okay, first I need to get out a HUGE tip and a pet peeve of mine. There are many posts/recipes that say use up flat soda in baking. Please watch the recipe on this. Some collections say use up flat soda and then the recipe discusses the actual need for the carbonation. If you are using flat soda for baking, read the recipe thoroughly before you begin to ensure it will work!
- Flat soda can be frozen in ice cube trays so that your drink won’t get watered down.
- You can use 7up or another citrus-based soda to soak the fruit in to keep from turning brown. Great for fruit salads or for lunch snacks.
- If you have close to a full can, you can do a “beer butt” soda chicken. Just ensure that soda is the flavor you want to impart.
- Here are some cleaning ideas, just remember about the carbonation factor.
USING UP FLAT SODA RECIPES
MORE SALVAGED RECIPES
Here are a few more posts we think you will enjoy:
- What to Do with Leftover Cupcakes Dessert Parfait Recipe
- 7 Ways to Use up Leftover French Fries
- 22 Recipes Using Pickle Juice
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home. If you enjoyed this post, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.