Who couldn’t love this adorable upcycled Valentine Paintbrush Gnome? Gnome one…get it?
We certainly love a cute gnome project, like this viral sock gnome project and this Reclaimed Wood DIY Welcome Gnome Sign. To add to all the fun we have this upcycled Valentine paintbrush gnome that certainly has our heart.
Sure you can use a new paintbrush, but an old one is certainly perfect for this project!!!
There’s gnome one like you!
GNOME MATERIALS NEEDED
*We are Amazon affiliates and can earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 Chip brush/paintbrush
- White acrylic paint (Used Snow White Apple Barrel brand)
- Small paintbrush (to paint with)*
- 1 – 12mm Pearl*
- Pink jewel border stickers*
- Pink gemstone stickers*
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
*from Dollar Tree
- First, paint the wood handle of the chip brush white. Let dry.
- Next, cut out a line of 5 pearls with surrounding jewels from the “Pink jewel border stickers”
- Pull off the backing and press down onto the middle of the silver piece of the brush.
- Cut another piece of 11 pearls with surrounding beads.
- Pull off the backing and press down the center of the brush handle.
- Now, using the “Pink gemstone stickers”, cut 2 pieces with 3 stones.
- Add some hot glue and pull the backing off and add to the brush handle, just above the silver piece, on each side of the jewel border stickers.
- Cut 2 pieces of 2 stones and add above those, the same way with hot glue.
- Again, cut 2 more pieces of 2 stones and add them above those, on an angle to fit the curve of the handle.
- Cut a strip of 15 stones (pay attention to where the sticky part is on the back of the stones so you get a full strip to make it easier to apply all at once).
- Add a little hot glue to one side of the brush handle.
- Pull off the backing and beginning from just above the silver part, press onto the side of the brush.
- Cut and add 3 more stones to fill in the rest of the side.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Cut 2 strips of 7 stones and, using hot glue, add above and below the first strip on the silver piece.
- Finally, add hot glue to the center where the silver piece meets the bristles and add your pearl, with the holes facing the sides.
Valentine Paintbrush Gnome Tips & Notes
- I didn’t add hot glue to the “Pink jewel border stickers” (with the pearls) because they were a lot more sticky than the other stones, however, you can if you would like a more secure hold.
- If you and using an old paintbrush and it has paint on it, all the better in my opinion.
- This doesn’t need to be followed exactly. Make it your own! Use different colored and size stones or…
- Use fabric instead of stones. Whatever you have and want to use!!!
Before you go, here are a few more Valentine projects we think you will enjoy:
- Valentine Wood Bead Garland
- Painted Mason Valentine Jar Lantern with Heart Cut-Outs
- Cricut Valentine Mason Gift Jar
THANKS FOR BEING OUR GNOMIE!!!