“The manner of giving is worth more than the gift.”
Gift giving is an art! This art can be especially hard in the teen area as their interest change so rapidly and really is an entirely different world.
A few years ago we put together this teen boy gift guide and it became a very popular post. Since it’s been a few years, we decided to ask the experts and update with a whole new list…..
Teen Boy Gift Ideas
We are big believers in experience gifts. They create less waste and provide a memorable event for years to come.
- Escape Room
- Sporting Event
- Season Pass
- Sky Flying
- Zip Line
- Flying Lessons/Glider Flight
- Family Trip (bring their best friend)
- Broadway Show
- Fly Fishing
- Paint Ball
- Culinary Lessons
- Driving Experience
- Sporting Lessons (i.e. learn to surf, scuba dive, etc)
- Rent Snowmobiles
- A Tour (i.e. stadium of a beloved team)
- Ropes Course
TIP – Look for activities, in your surrounding area, that are unusual. Kite buggying or the glass walkway over the Grand Canyon are just a few ideas.
*And of course, make sure you match the activity to what your child most enjoys and is interested in.
SUBSCRIPTIONS & SUBSCRIPTION BOXES
- Loot Crate – Is a gift box subscription service for gamers
- Mel Science – Science based subscription boxes
- Dollar Shave Club
- My Geek Box
- Gaming Subscriptions (Playstation Plus, Playstation Now, Xbox Live, Etc)
- Amazon Prime
TIP – Soooooo, we aren’t normally big fans of subscription boxes because it’s not buying with purpose. Since you don’t know what you are going to get, what if they don’t want it, don’t like it, or don’t use it, it then becomes a waste. We recommend reading reviews to ensure it will be something the teen will actually use.
CASH AND GIFT CARD IDEAS
If you want to give cash/gift cards, here are a few creative ways to do it~
- Treasure Hunt – Develop your own map and put the cash in a treasure box that you decorated.
- “Chocolates” – Reuse a chocolate box, and it’s wrappers, and add cash where the chocolate was at.
- Origami – They will be impressed with your mad folding skills.
- Money Rolls – This is a clever idea and also you could do the same with toilet paper rolls and bills.
- Kleenex Money Box
- Pizza Box – Fill a pizza box with money, in the shape of the pizza, and write on the inside of the lid – “You can’t live on Pizza, so here’s some dough”
- Car Savings – Get a little toy car and a bank statement/recipet with money added toward a car.
- Stocks – Give the gift of stocks and watch the progress with them.
- Gift Card Album – Fill a mini photo album with various gift cards (coffee, favorite restaurant, Amazon, Best Buy, Visa Gift Card, itunes, skate store, etc)
TRADITIONAL TEEN BOY GIFT IDEAS/STOCKING STUFFERS
*We realize everyone’s budget is different, so we have added many price points here. Also, we do use some affiliate links so you can shop right now. We could receive a small amount which helps keep our content free. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
- Game of Phones – Popular party game utilizing their favorite item – their phones.
- Apple Watch Band
- Nintendo Switch
- Airpods – Wireless Bluetooth Headset for Iphones
- Raspberry Pi – Tiny, and affordable, computer that you can use to learn programming.
- A Record Player
- Bunjo Bungee Dish Chair
- Shower Speaker
- Portable Phone Charger
- Custom Vans (shoes)
- Theme Boxes – Take whatever interests them and do an entire box filled with the theme. You can add tickets, t-shirts, etc. Get creative but stick to the theme.
- Beanie Headphones
- Portable Hammock
- Mini Fridge/Cooler
- “Camelbak” – Water Hydration pack for hiking, biking, and enjoying the great outdoors.
- Clothes – Hoodie, Sarcastic T-shirt, PJ Bottoms Pro Tip: They do like soft materials.
- CANDY – Japanese Noisy Candy, Tobasco Candy
- SkinIt – These are decals for your gaming system. The one linked is Marvel and for PS4 Slim, but you can get many different kinds for many systems.
- Travel Cord Case
If you have any teen boy gift ideas, feel free to share them. And, we would love to know what your favorite gift was when you were a teen.