What do you do when your kids want a $300 Ride-On Jeep, but it’s not in the budget?
Sometimes searching takes a bit to be rewarded, but often you find what you need with just a little tweaking involved.
Our friends, John and Micaila sons were begging for a Ride-On Jeep…..
………….but that is not normally the amount of money they spend on toys.
Low and behold, a Pink one was for sale at a yard sale for $25!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, we know some boys do like pink (no hate mail please), but most boys……. it’s not their thing.
The boys decided on camouflage.
Here is what Micaila did to make this $25 jeep the toy of their dreams!
STEPS TO RIDE ON JEEP MAKEOVER
- Scrub it down
- Sand with a fine grit sanding sponge
- Wipe down again with Windex, dried thoroughly.
- Put trash bags over the wheels, tape the radio, headlights, etc. to cover any parts you aren’t going to paint.
- Start with the camo green, spray the body and then let it dry just a bit.
- Use tree branches and leaves as a stencil and spray over the camo green with tan, brown, black paint. (All matte). **the camo paint actually included the instructions for the tree branch trick
- Once dry to touch, paper and tape the camo parts as needed so you can finish painting
- Spray this black on the bumper, windshield, seat, roll bars.
**Used the Rustoleum Camouflage Paint as the base and the other three were just spray paint she had laying around.
Affiliate links used so you can see products used!
What a great makeover, huh?
You know this is why we have this site. We firmly believe that, with a little effort, you can make the very best with what you have for your best life. No matter what circumstances you find yourself in, we hope to inspire you to think of ways to do just that. If you want to learn more tips and tricks to your best life, you can sign up here: