Thrifted Prayer Basket and Printable Prayers Slips
“Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.” – Max Lucado
Enjoy the silence.
There is something about being still and in prayer.
Prayer can be a healing of the heart, a time to pause to think of others, to ask for forgiveness and help to forgive others and to be grateful for what we have.
Today, we are joining our fellow Thrifty Style Team bloggers to share a bargain find and what we did with it.
This little project goes way back for me.
It was the first time I was “published” in a magazine; way back in the ’90s. I submitted my idea for a basket of prayers and they printed it.
Since baskets are super easy to find at thrift stores or yard sales, it is easy to find one that is just right for your area.
You can use scrap pieces of paper, index cards, or if you sign up for our newsletter, we have a free printable for you to use: Prayer Slips and Basket Tag.
TYPES OF PRAYERS
- THANKFUL – “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 and “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise! Give thanks to Him; bless His name.” Psalm 100:4 ( more verses) Thankfulness to God
- PETITION – “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” –1 John 5:14-15, NKJV Asking for help and guidance.
- INTERCESSION – “But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Matthew 5:44 and “Ask God to help them, intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.” 1 Timothy 2:1 Praying for others.
- PRAISE – “I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord; the humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34:1-3 Acknowledge God for what He is.
- CONFESSION – “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9 and “Forgive us our debts, as we also forgive our debtors.” Matthew 6:12 Forgiveness of ourselves and others.
PRAYER BASKET USE:
You can place the paper by the basket and everyone can use as they like. When they want to take a moment of prayer they can fill out a piece and add it to the basket. When you want to have a deep time of prayer, grab the basket and pray through the different slips. You can take notes on what is happening in each of these circumstances as you go back through them, a journal would be great for this purpose (like this turquoise one).
Use as you like, but it can really be nice to do on your own or for family members to pray for each other as well as others.
|DID YOU READ ABOUT THE BIBLE VERSE THAT CHANGED OUR FINANCES?|
If you sign up for our newsletter, be sure to print the tags and prayer cards. The basket tags were created in four different sizes so it should fit whatever basket size you have.
BTW- I used old typewriter paper, also found at the thrift store, to print the prayer slips on and tied the label on with leftover ribbon; waste not, want not!
THRIFTY STYLE TEAM
Are you ready to check out the other thrift projects for this month? Here you go:
- The Creek Line House, How to Create an Inexpensive Plate Wall
- DIY Beautify, Easter Egg Craft Ideas
- The How-To Home, Dollar Store Spring Centerpiece
- I Should be Mopping The Flour, Vintage Linen Uses & Care Tips
- Hearth and Vine, DIY Mason Jar Chandelier
- Homeroad, Quick & Easy Embroidery Hoop Easter Wreath
- Redhead Can Decorate, Thrifty Spring Foyer
- Bliss Ranch, Route 66 Beer Sign
- Duke Manor Farm, Thrifty Change to Bathroom
- The DIY Village, Thrift Store Shelf Makeover
- What Meegan Makes, Easy DIY String Fringe Tutorial
- Cottage at The Crossroads, Cottage Style Magazine Rack
- 2 Bees in a Pod, Painted Shelf Makeover