Whether you have run out of wrapping paper or want a no waste way to give a gift, here is a tea towel gift wrapping tutorial you can use for any occasion.
Table of Contents
SUPER EASY TEA TOWEL GIFT WRAPPING
Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness. – Richard Bach
This is the simplest way to gift wrap you ever did see. If you can tie your shoes, you are going to be an expert at this!
We just love that the wrap can then be used again and again rather than being tossed.
*We use affiliate links and could earn from qualifying purchases.
- Tea Towels/Flour Sack Towels
- Decoration, see ideas below
- Ribbon, I used wire ribbon in this project
- Gift Tag, if needed
Here is a quick video to show you what I did…
- Unfold the tea towel and lay it flat on the ground. If you have a print on the towel, and you want it to show, you will need to lay the print side down.
- Place the gift on the towel making sure that the four points of the towel can be tied around your gift.
- Take two of the ends of the towel and tie them as if you are tieing your shoes (making bunny ears).
- Take the other two ends and tie those in the same fashion (they will be on top of the other knot).
- Add your decorations between the knots and/or tie the ribbon through the top knot.
A couple of tips:
- You can be as creative with your “bunny ear” knot ends as you like. I just tucked two in and left two out. Do it as you like.
- Just like with gift wrap, you will want to ensure your present fits within the towel and to tie your knots.
- If your tea towel is light, and the present shows through, you can either double up your tea towels or you could wrap your present in tissue paper. And don’t worry about tissue paper waste, cause we have lots of ways to reuse it like these home decor tissue paper projects.
We used an ornament here but there are so many other toppers you can use for the holidays:
- Candy Canes
- Gift Tag
- Little Wreath
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Dried Orange Slices
- Pine Cone
- This Little Hat
WRAP IT FOR ANY OCCASSION
Although this is shown for Christmas, you can easily change out the decorations for any holiday/gift.
- Culinary Gift – Spatula, Spoon, Herbs, etc
- Mother’s Day – Flower
- Book – Bookmark
- Father’s Day – Tool
- Valentine’s – Rose or Jewelry
- New Home- Old Key
- Kids – Pom Pom, Candy, Pencils
- Game – Playing Card
- Nature – Leaf
- Beauty Products – Hair Accessory, Sunglasses
Really, so many ways to decorate your gift. If you have any unique ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments below.