When was the last time your makeup brushes were cleaned?
Yeah, thought so.
Here is an easy way to clean them using the hotel shampoo bottle you have lying around.
Squeaky Clean Makeup Brushes
- Take a bowl of water and add a few drops of the shampoo. You don’t need (or want) a lot of soap.
- Swirl your brushes around so that the bristles stay together.
- Gently squeeze out the water.
- Change our water as needed (this depends on the last time you washed them.)
- Repeat until, when you squeeze out the brush, the water is clear.
- Lay makeup brushes flat on a clean towel to dry.
Don’t forget the makeup sponges aren’t disposable and can be washed as well.
Want more uses for your hotel samples? HERE are some more ideas.
Do you take your hotel freebies home? What do you use them for?
**Remember these samples, if taken just on the night of your stay, are part of your hotel visit. If you didn’t use them during your stay, you have every right to take them with you. We don’t advocate taking more than what was given to you.
***One of Salvage Sister’s favorite beauty blogs is Small Things Blog. If you want beauty tips, this is a terrific site.