Turn a no longer used child dollhouse toy into a spring farmhouse home decor craft.
Creativity is making marvelous out of the discarded.
One of our great joys is sharing others who are making marvelous out of the discarded.
In case you don’t know, we do select features on projects we think you will enjoy to make or give you the inspiration to turn something you have into something new. Here is more info: Salvage Sister & Mister Feature Me and be sure to check below for some previous features.
Onto today’s feature project – Plastic Dollhouse Turned Into Spring Farmhouse Home Decor Craft
This project was created by Lynda Sager.
Lynda shared that she found this little dollhouse at a thrift store for $5.
She painted it and added some dollar store greenery to it to give it that farmhouse vibe.
Let’s see what she did…
|DID YOU KNOW CRAFT SUPPLIES ARE GREAT TO LOOK FOR WHILE THRIFTING? HERE ARE MORE THRIFT TIPS|
*We use affiliate links which could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
- Chalk Paint – Persian Grey
- Craft Paint – Black and White (mixed for the dark grey trim), Brown for doors
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue Gun/Stick
- Seed Starter Pots
Lynda advises that she often mixes her own paints. This not only makes use of what you have on hand but it allows for custom colors.
FARMHOUSE DECOR CRAFT INSTRUCTIONS
- Lynda applied Gesso to make an easier surface to paint, let dry.
- Paint base coat of the desired color, let dry.
- Paint accent coat and the door color, let dry.
- Using a hot glue gun and scissors, cut and apply dollar store greenery to window boxes, door, porch, etc
You can add this to your home decor anywhere you like…just like your Christmas village pieces. It’s just perfect for spring.
- Look for the smallest little greenery you can find.
- Small seed starter pots ould be small enough to utilize here.
- An antiquing glaze could work to bring out accents in the door and such.
- Customize this as you like- make it your own. You could do just white. Or just white with black trim. Whatever suits your fancy..do people say that anymore?
- And, don’t forget to look for dollhouse items themselves.
What is perfection, anyway? It’s the death of creativity. – Diane Keaton
As we promised, here are a few more features for you to check out. And if you are interested in a possible feature, you can get more information here.
- Vintage Truck Water Feature and Cottage
- Painted Floors Tutorial
- Ride-On Jeep Makeover – From Pink to Camouflage
Finally, a big shout-out to Lynda Sager for sharing this amazing project!!!
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this Spring Farmhouse Home Decor Craft, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.
Love this incredibly sweet make over!! So cute!! Thanks for sharing!!
Deborah Sommerlot says
Thanks so much Debboe!!!