Whether you just need time to yourself, want to save money, or have a girls night, here are some simple ways to have a spa night at home.
The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. – Sandra Friedman
Soft Music Playing…
A cup of tea…..
Let’s get ready to have a spa night at home!
With what you ask?
Items you already have on hand, or normally discarded items, of course.
Whether you are doing a spa night by yourself, or with some friends, it doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive.
WHAT TO USE FROM YOUR HOME
- Pure honey is a great beauty tool. Here are 11 uses.
- Single sock? Fill it with beans or rice and tie it off. Now heat it in the microwave. Add some dried lavender, or rub some essential oils in the beans or rice, if you have it. TUTORIAL HERE
- Coconut oil can be used as a massage oil, conditioner, makeup remover, etc.
- Oatmeal in a bath or here are some other ways to use oatmeal for beauty products.
- Is your avocado TOO ripe to eat? How about a hair mask or face mask?
- Washcloths are great steamed, bath towels are good for a place to lay on or rolled up to rest your head.
- Banana peel as a moisturizer AND MORE!
- You used ginger for a recipe, but have more than you need? You can freeze it for another time, or you can use it in these ginger beauty recipes.
- Old teabags to use under your eyes to tighten skin.
- Set some old (clean) spoons in the freezer. Apply to the eyelid to reduce puffy eyes.
- Facial steaming is just some hot water in a bowl where you drape a towel over your head. You can add rose petals, tea bags, or some herbs like rosemary to the water. Steam face for approx 5 min.
- Apple cider vinegar as a toner.
- A toothbrush to exfoliate.
SPA NIGHT MANI/PEDI
- Olive Oil – “Olive oil penetrates the skin and nail, to help repair damage and soften nails and cuticles, which leads to nail strength and health. Warm olive oil in the microwave and allow it to cool slightly. Soak your nails in the warm olive oil for 15 to 30 minutes.” – Leaftv.com
- Take any old tub, pot, or container and do a foot soak. Make sure the container is clean and filled with hot water. Add rose petals and soak those toes.
- Have an old rolling pin you use for décor or you don’t use anymore? Use it to massage feet and arches or for the back. A pool noodle, or water bottle, would also serve the same purpose.
SPA NIGHT BATH
- We use citrus peels to make this TREAT, but did you know you can dry orange peel and grind it up for an orange bath powder?
- Do-it-yourself bath bombs.
WHAT TO EAT
WHAT TO EAT
- This is a great spa day treat – Yogurt Parfait
- Add clean organic apple skins or orange/cucumber peel to your water. Or cut up lemon or lemon slices if that is what you have on hand.
- A nice cup of tea.
- Salad with homemade dressing.
- Cranberry Lemon Scones
WHAT TO DO:
- Stretching and deep breathing is something everyone can do and it’s FREE!
- Stones in your yard? Try HOT STONE MASSAGE
- Relax in a tub.
- Light some non-toxic candles.
- Make your own sugar scrub.
GIFTS TO GIVE
- If this is a party, you can set out hotel samples of lotion for friends to use (and you can use hotel shampoo to clean your makeup brushes).
- Flowers in jars
- If your girlfriends are over, take those old magazines, and set them out for everyone to read and take and do crafts with it.
- Seed packets
Here are some budget-friendly printables in case it’s a party…
Now, are you ready for a relaxing spa night at home?
The next time you have fruit discards, don’t forget to see how you can incorporate them into your beauty routine.
If you have a great spa at home time, please be sure to leave it in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this spa night at home, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.
kirstin troyer says
Great post. I love these ideas!
kirstin troyer recently posted…Journeys
Deborah Sommerlot says
Thanks girrrrrrl!!! 🙂