Taking a yard sale find and making it your own with a riding jeep makeover that gives it new life.
JEEP: Roads? Where we are going, we don’t need roads.
What do you do when your kids want a $300 Ride-On Jeep, but it’s not in the budget?
Well, you do some searching.
Sometimes searching takes a little while to be rewarded, but often you find what you need.
Some friends of ours shared how their sons were begging for a Riding Toy Jeep, but it wasn’t their normal amount to spend on toys.
Low and behold, a Pink one was for sale at a yard sale for $25!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOT…WOOT for yard sales!
The only problem?
It was pink and Barbie-themed.
Okay, we know some boys do like pink (no hate mail please), but for some… it’s not their thing.
The boys decided on camouflage.
Here is what our friends did to make this $25 jeep the toy of their dreams!
STEPS TO RIDING TOY JEEP MAKEOVER
*We use affiliate links that could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our disclosure policy for more information.
- Scrub it down
- Sand with a fine-grit sanding sponge
- Wipe down again with Windex, dried thoroughly.
- Put trash bags over the wheels, tape the radio, headlights, etc. to cover any parts you aren’t going to paint.
- Start with the camo green, spray the body, and then let it dry just a bit.
- Use tree branches and leaves as a stencil and spray over the camo green with tan, brown, black paint. (All matte). **the camo paint actually included the instructions for the tree branch trick
- Once dry to touch, paper and tape the camo parts as needed so you can finish painting
- Spray this black on the bumper, windshield, seat, roll bars.
**Used the Rustoleum Camouflage Paint as the base and the other three were just spray paint she had lying around.
What a great makeover, huh?
Here are a few more posts we think you will enjoy:
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this riding toy jeep makeover, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.