What to do with a clean can or container? This reuse container craft turns the discarded into useable.
These is no such thing as “away”. When we throw anything away it must go somewhere. – Annie Leonard
I have a real heart for this little craft as it was the first one created for this blog.
This is a very simple little project, but it’s a great way to keep a useful item from being tossed. Here it takes on a new life.
Use them to decorate, give little gifts, use for storage, add some artificial flowers. So many uses…or should I say reuses.
Let’s get started:
* We use affiliate links that could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our disclosure policy here.
- Scissors or a paper cutter (I love this one and it works perfectly for this)
- Scrapbook paper
- Any decorations (used raffia and a tag)
- CLEAN Can/Container
- Glue Runner
- Take the can and lay it on the edge of the paper. This particular can had a ridge so that helped a lot in lining up the paper.
- Mark the paper at the top where you want to cut it. And draw a line, with your ruler, of where the paper needs to be put evenly.
- Cut off the extra paper. If it is too long on the wrap-around, you can cut that off too. SALVAGE TIP–Save the paper scraps for a little to/from the card.
- With the glue runner, tape the paper onto the can. Now it’s all dressed up and ready to go!
- Add any extra’s to jazz it up.
MORE REUSE PROJECTS
We LOVE to reuse and repurpose around here. Have you seen these projects?
- Farmhouse Tin Can Vase Upcycle
- DIY Cardboard Sunflower
- 21 of the Best Upcycled Denim Ideas
- Pod Container Pumpkin Centerpiece Upcycle
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this reuse container craft, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.