As you may, or may not know, we are super passionate about salvaging whatever you have for your best life. Sometimes that’s a reuse craft, sometimes it’s a decorating your home with items you have/or on a dime, and sometimes it’s salvaging time in the kitchen.
Recently, our oldest is having to prepare most of his own meals. For someone who’s not into cooking, on an extreme budget, AND little time, this has been a challenge. And any momma knows, when your boy is struggling you want to try and help a little.
Off to the web for some meals suggestions proved not as simple as imagined.
Many of the recipes needed a lot of ingredients, money, or created a lot of food in which you would need to repurpose or store. For example, a recipe may call for two fresh herbs. Yeah, if you don’t plan to use the remaining herbs, it will go to waste.
Another simple recipe example called for 10 pantry staples. Now, what do you do with that half opened can of tomato paste? And one list of pantry staples has 4 different types of vinegar? That could prove to be a challenge to have all that on hand for some households.
Thus started a simple recipe live video idea via Facebook. Simple recipes that will be about as quick, budget friendly, and simple as possible.
Today, is SIMPLE STREET TACOS
Serve along some frozen corn and chips. Other ideas will be indicated in the live video.
- 1 pd Ground Beef
- Seasoning Chef Morito which can be used as a marinade and in other mexican dishes
- Tortillas small flour street taco tortillas or corn tortillas
- Green Onions (Chopped)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Salsa or hot sauce
- Lime If desired
- In a large frying pan, brown up beef on med-high. Cook until crispy. Refer to video.
- Heat up tortillas in microwave or on stovetop.
- Chop up onions and cilantro while the beef is cooking.
- Any remaining beef leftover, can be cooked to room temp and freeze for another taco meat filling.
Leave a Reply