Let’s play a game of ……….
You have this amazing new recipe you can’t wait to try.
You open up a can, for the recipe, and only use half of it.
For some ingredients, this is no big deal, right?
- Tomato Paste, freeze and use in the next sauce
- Pineapple Chunks, eat alone or smoothie
But during this pumpkinpalooza season, you may not know what to do with an extra cup of pumpkin puree. Let’s face it, if that goes in the freezer, it will be lost FOOOORRREEEVVVEERR!
We found this amazing recipe for Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe over at Serious Eats.
With all the pumpkin recipes around, ice cream was perfect for us, cause it’s not quite cold enough for anymore baking recipes.
We did make a couple of modifications to the original recipe as (our recipe below):
- We don’t drink Bourbon, so we weren’t about to get a bottle for just a tsp. so we added 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract as a substitute.
- The recipe calls for ground nutmeg with a note regarding grinding your own nutmeg. We completely agree and just added that to the recipe ingredients. Fresh grind is best!!! Just say no to bottled nutmeg!
- The final substitution we made was on the dark brown sugar. We only had light brown sugar. No problemo cause it’s just extra molasses which we had and added that to step 2.
**If you are ever short on ingredients, always google substitutes.
The special equipment, in this recipe, called for an ice cream maker.
It was brand new. Guess someone got too many for a wedding gift or someone just didn’t like ice cream…what?????? Is that even possible?
*In case you can’t find one at your local thrift store, we used an Amazon Affiliate Link, at no cost to you, so you can make this AMMMMMAZING ice cream. If you were to make a purchase, we may receive a small percentage of the sale.
Do you know that there are many thrift stores in your community that benefit the rescue and placement of animals?
Here is a LINK to search for one in your area.
*****Remember keep scrolling for the ice cream recipe below.