*We do use affiliate links, at no cost to you, to show like or similar items used. You can read our full disclosure policy HERE.
The perfect ratio of pasta to sauce is a mystery for most of us.
We are, however, BIG advocates for making too much anyways. If you make extra, it’s perfect to freeze for a quick meal another night!!!
Recently, we had leftover spaghetti sauce and wanted something different so we came up this little delight:
Italian Sloppy Joes Using Leftover Spaghetti Sauce
It took about 15 minutes to make and while they were in the toaster oven, a side salad was made. How’s that for speedy? You can’t even get through a drive through for that.
P.S. – Did you know how much you can do in a toaster oven? We found out living in Arizona for 15 years. You don’t want to use a full oven in the summer there (which is quite a few months actually). We have even made ribs in a toaster oven before!
- 1 Bagel
- Spray Olive Oil
- Sprinkle Garlic Bread Seasoning
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Leftover Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- 1 Slice Provolone Cheese If you don't have provolone you can just add more moz. cheese here
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese
- Take bagel and open up each half. Lightly spray each piece with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic bread seasoning and place in toaster oven.
- Remove bagels from toaster oven and sprinkle each piece with mozzarella cheese until the bread is covered. (This prevents the bread from getting too soggy from the sauce).
- Place back in toaster oven to melt the cheese. Microwave meat sauce while the cheese is melting.
- Spoon meat sauce over tops of each bagel half.
- Sprinkle with more mozzarella cheese or a slice of provolone and top with parmesan. Place in toaster over and broil until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with a nice side salad.
*This is the garlic seasoning we used but use what you like.
Here are a few other recipes we think you will enjoy and remember if you sign up for our weekly newsletter, you will receive a free Intro to Menu Planning guide.
If you enjoyed this recipe, we would love it if you shared it! Thanks for stopping by today.
We encourage you to #makeleftoversgreatagain
kirstin troyer says
Yum. these sound soooo good.
kirstin troyer recently posted…Veggie Sandwich and growing your own Sprouts
Deborah Sommerlot says
They are tasty and sooooooooo simple
Do u have a link to a YouTube or Facebook page I can follow. Ty
Salvage Sister & Mister says
you can find links at the top of our blog page.