Yes, you can even give a play kitchen a modern makeover.
Bringing your kids into the kitchen doesn’t require you to be a top chef; only time and maybe a willingness to get a little messy. – Michael Mina
Being a former cooking instructor, I love to see kids in the kitchen. And what could be more fun than having their very own kitchen to cook right alongside you?
When I saw her play kitchen makeover, I was in love!!!!! Too much adorableness.
Sara says -“This was a fun and easy DIY.”
PLAY KITCHEN MAKEOVER SUPPLIES
- Using a scrub brush and warm soapy water, clean the item well.
- Before painting, remove all the knobs, stovetop, sink, etc with a screwdriver. (You may want to bag and label your items for ease when putting it back together.)
- Sand the main kitchen area.
- The kitchen was painted using this spray paint.
- The hardware was painted using THIS.
- After everything is dry, you can reassemble it.
*Here is a handy how-to video if you need one.
**Make sure to read all the instructions for proper handling of the spray paint (label on each can).
Often times, things just need a little TLC to bring them up to “code”. Not only was this toy saved from potential garbage, yep, things like this get thrown all the time😔, but it saved money in purchasing a new one. A new play kitchen can run over $100.
MORE FUN PROJECTS
- 24 Kids Reuse Tissue Paper Crafts
- Spring Farmhouse Home Decor Craft From Plastic Dollhouse
- Terracotta Fairy Garden House