Using packaging to create paper deer antlers for a free holiday decoration.
The more I see of deer, the more I admire them as mountaineers. They make their way into the heart of the roughest solitudes with smooth reserce of strength, through dense belts of brush and forest encumvered with fallen trees and boulder pies. across the canyons, roaring streas, and snow-fields, ever showing forth beauty and courage. – John Muir
There is no denying that deer antlers are H.O.T in holiday home decor.
You could go to the store and buy some but where is the fun in that?
Hmm…let’s find branches and wrap them in leftover packing paper to create our own.
*We use affiliate links which could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more of our disclosure policy here.
NOW the process looked more like this…
- Went and looked for a couple of branches (no car required).
- Cut the packing paper in strips (around 1 in) and twist and wrap. Glue ends.
- Decided it looked pretty good and maybe some wrapping poinsettia flowers would be next.
SCRAP WRAPPING PAPER POINSETTIA FLOWERS
If you want to make the poinsettia flowers, here are your supplies:
- Packing Paper
- Another Coordinating Paper (we used wrapping scraps…of course)
- Stem Wire
- Glue Gun
PAPER FLOWER DIRECTIONS
- Cut leaves in whatever size desired. No template needed.
- With a dap of glue, pinch the bottom of the leaf ends together around the wire. Go until your flower is complete; alternating between plain and printed paper.
- Wrap the stem in the packing paper. (Just like in the image above.)
Now you have antlers, and flowers, and décor oh my! All in the comforts of your own home (despite a minor run-in with the glue gun).
Add these to your rustic décor for a beautiful vignette. They would also be great in a wreath.
If you make these paper deer antlers, we would love to see how you used them in your décor.
MORE SALVAGE HOLIDAY POSTS:
Here are a few more posts we think you will enjoy:
- Farmhouse Fireplace Ornament with Stacked Wood
- Glass Globe Snowman
- Unstoppables Bottle Upcycled Snowmen
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home. If you enjoyed this post, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.