Updating a ’90s gold mirror for a more updated look by painting the bathroom mirror trim.
If you have been following along, you may have seen there is a “remodel” happening at the Mister mom’s house.
The first project was to change a honey bathroom cabinet to a dark wood stain: DIY Bathroom Cabinet Makeover; Goodbye Honey cabinets
It was an AMAZING, and inexpensive, transformation.
The next little project was to lose the gold trim on the mirror.
PAINTING SUPPLIES NEEDED
*We use affiliate links and could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our disclosure policy here for additional information.
- We used THIS PAINT
- Plastic cover
- Painters tape
|DID YOU SEE THIS – Updated Bathroom Light Fixture?|
TRIM PAINTING INSTRUCTIONS
- We taped off the mirror with painters tape and newspaper. This is the most time consuming of the project but needs to be done right to avoid getting paint elsewhere.
- Following the directions on the spray paint, we applied the paint to the frame. Spray in smooth even strokes.
- Let dry and repeat as needed.
- We then took a razor blade to any overspray on the mirror itself.
If you need a change that won’t take a lot of time or money, this is it.
The bath has a new faucet, light fixture, and a few little trinkets to jazz it up. All in all, it’s a bargain makeover.
MORE BUDGER-FRIENDLY HOME PROJECTS
We are fixing up our home on a budget. Here are some projects you may have missed:
- Under $500 Thrifty Kitchen Makeover
- Brass Ceiling Fan Makeover – ORC
- Dining Room Makeover -On a Budget
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed learning about painting bathroom mirror trim, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.