“Everyone brings joy to the office; some when they enter and others when they leave.”
– Source Unknown
Office gift exchanges sure can a challenge……
- How much to spend?
- How many to buy for?
- Do you buy for your boss?
- What about homemade gifts?
It gets complicated and some offices get it WRONG. I once had an office do a white elephant where there were no rules (some brought garbage and some a very expensive gift ($50 item)…..awkward! The individuals with the throw away gifts were eyeing the ones with the really nice gifts. It was weird.
Another office I worked for, everyone exchanged $10 gift cards to the place the receiver wanted. Yeah, that’s an errand I didn’t need during the holidays.
Let’s get it right with this …..
OFFICE GIFT GUIDE, Gifts $10 and Under
Plus, tips on creating a great office gift exchange experience.
*We do use affiliate links to show you the product specified and for you to shop now. If you make a purchase, we could receive a small amount to keep our content free of change. You can read more of our disclosure policy here.
- Take a Vote – If you can, take a vote, each year to see what people want to do. Employees come and go and it’s nice for people to get a choice.
- Set a Budget – Keeping it low allows most everyone to participate
- Exchange – One present is much easier to get than a gift for everyone.
- Homemade???– Decide if homemade goods are accepted. And don’t bring homemade goods unless people rave about it, like willing to pay you for it. WHY? Because a lot of the work will go to waste if people aren’t into homemade goods, have food allergies, or are super picky.
- Go beyond the gift card – Like really, what is the point of everyone exchanging different cards?
- Themed Exchanges – You can do an ornament, food, socks, etc theme.
CO-WORKER / OFFICE GIFT IDEAS
- Bottle of Wine
- Scratcher/Lotto Tickets
- Good Pen(s), like these!
- Head Messager, believe it or not..people love these things!
- Sugar Scrub, you can make your own here or get one like this Whipped Sugar Scrub with Organic Coffee
- GOURMET Caramel Apples, the really deluxe ones make for a really sweet gift!!!
- Your Favorite Snack Item or local treat, This is mine (Cinnamon is AH-Mazing)
- Donation – You may want to keep it pretty general to fit anyone like a local food bank.
- Fun Socks (like these “If you can read this, bring me tacos” )
- Mug and some Chocolates, this meeting mug is classic for a work gift
- Fruit Infused Water Bottle, truth be told this might be a tiny bit over our price point but it’s a great gift and we won’t tell anyone!
- Custom Mouse Pad, How cute is this floral antler one?
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
- Flavored Salts
- Waterproof Notepad
- Local Salsa & Good Tortilla Chips (Note – Safeway has fresh tortilla chips in a bag, in the deli area.)
- Reusable To Go Box, A few pennies over the budget but worth including and helps reduce waste.
- QUALITY Chocolate
- Field Notes
- LCR Dice Game
- Reusable Sandwich Bags
- Your Favorite Book
- Coloring Book and don’t forget the crayons!
- Quality Tea, You can get several of these sample packs for a nice gift.
- Soup Mix, Did someone say quick and easy dinner?
- A Mug Warmer, Did you know these can keep your coffee/tea warm, but you can also use a candle and no flame!
- Lip Balm, Burt’s Bees is a great option.
- Credit Card Steel Identity Theft Blocking Holder
- Wood Bookmark
- Air Plant
- Cell Phone Holder
- Handcrafted Candle, Like Iced Tea Scented, Birthday Cake (with sprinkles), or an Aromatherapy Scent
We hope you enjoyed this office gift guide. Here are a few more gift guides you may enjoy:
*One final tip, some people will go to their local $1 store and purchase gifts. You can get a few things that are pretty fun, but there is a lot of cheap stuff that just ends up at the thrift stores. Believe me I see it all the time! Go for one quality item, and if you need to supplement it, add a little dollar store item to it.