– Alice Freeman Palmer
Table of Contents
MASON JAR EASTER TREE
Welcome to another monthly UPCYCLE SHARIN CHALLENGE, if you want more info on how to participate check out this post.
*Affiliate links used to show the same of similar products used. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
- Quart Mason Jar (spaghetti jars work great)
- Green Paint, this Dixie Belle Paint color would be fun for a farmhouse color
- Foam Brush
- Branch/Artificial Flower Stems (this is another one I used)
- White Paint
- Ribbon, I keep a ribbon basket for all my scrap ribbon. It comes in handy for projects like this.
- Hanging Egg Ornaments or These, also you can DIY Hanging Eggs (see below)
- Paint mason jar as desired. I applied three coats, letting dry between each coat. (If you only have craft paint and want to make it a chalky finish, add a tiny amount of Plaster of Paris)
- Lightly, apply a small amount of white paint on the design of the jar to accent it if you like. I used a paper towel and just barely touched the surface.
- Add the branch(s) to the mason jar and arrange as you like.
- If desired, add some burlap to the opening of the jar.
- Tie a ribbon around it.
- Add the eggs to the branch/floral stems. NOTE – If you can’t find any hanging eggs, make your own. Take Styrofoam eggs, ribbon/twine, and hot glue gun. Add a drop of hot glue to the top of the egg and apply a looped ribbon to it. And, I love these for this project to protect your finger tips.
TIP- Little take out containers work perfect for small paint projects.
Simple right? Such a fun centerpiece, an Easter day craft, or fun decoration around the home.
UPCYCLE SHARIN CHALLENGE – MARCH
Are you ready to add your upcycle green project? Click the link up below to add yours. The person with the most votes will win a prize package from our sponsor Dixie Belle Paint!!!!
“Dixie Belle Paint was born out of the belief that creating beautiful timeless pieces should be easy, unintimidating and fun. Our line of chalk mineral paints have adhesive qualities designed to eliminate the need to sand, prime or prep. Just choose your favorite color from our palette of 60 stunning colors, clean your creation and start painting. No sanding, priming or sealing required! Your masterpiece will have a matte finish that can be distressed beautifully.”
Note – Prize can only be shipped to US and Canada only. Again, if you need more details on how the challenge works, please see this post. You do NOT need to be a blogger to participate.
Check out our upcycle admin posts: