A reuse craft – DIY coffee ground scrub. Use it for a spa treatment at home or to give as a gift.
UPDATE NOTE – Per Jim Steine, the president of Atomic Plumbing in Virginia “Coffee scrubs are one of the worst things you can put down your drain,” If you are going to use this scrub, it might be best for outdoor application where you can hose it off. We kept this post up so the information can get out there.
*We use affiliate links and could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more of our disclosure policy here.
- Ball Wide Mouth 8oz Canning Jars
- Brown Sugar, White Sugar or Salt (I prefer brown sugar)
- Coffee Grounds
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Any Additional Scents Orange, Vanilla, or Peppermint Extract or Ground Cinnamon (as desired)
- Small Bowl and Spoon
Note: This “recipe” is for one half pint jar of DIY coffee scrub. Multiply as needed.
COFFEE SCRUB INSTRUCTIONS
- Take 1/2 c. of coffee grounds, 1/2 c. brown sugar, and 1/4 c the oil of your choice. Mix in a bowl.
- Add any additional scents you desire, in small amounts.
- Carefully pour into the jar.
- Attach your Label and Raffia/Ribbon
*When you mix it, it might seem dry at first. Let it sit for just a minute and it will be just fine!
**You can use less oil if you like. It depends on the consistency that you like.
GIFT GIVING SCRUB INSTRUCTIONS
Again, please make sure the receiver knows not to let coffee grounds go down their drain.
- Stir the scrub.
- Take the desired amount of coffee scrub in hand.
- Apply to wet skin in a circular motion.
- Gently rinse off in warm water.
- Blot your skin being careful not to remove all the oil.
- This scrub will keep for a few months at room temperature.
MORE GIFT IDEAS
Here are a few more DIY gift ideas we think you will enjoy:
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home. If you enjoyed this post, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.