Now is the time!
If you want to make some teacher, neighbor, co-workers and/or a group of friends some gifts, here is a quick:
DIY COFFEE SCRUB
…that you can make in no time. With an item you might normally throw away!
Note: This “recipe” is for one half pint jar of DIY coffee scrub. Multiply as needed.
- Ball Wide Mouth 8oz Canning Jars
- Brown Sugar, White Sugar or Salt (I prefer brown sugar)
- Coffee Grounds
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Any Additional Scents Orange, Vanilla, or Peppermint Extract or Ground Cinnamon (as desired)
- Small Bowl and Spoon
*Amazon Affiliate Links
1) Take 1/2 c. of coffee grounds, 1/2 c. brown sugar, and 1/4 c the oil of your choice. Mix in a bowl.
2) Add any additional scents you desire, in small amounts.
3) Carefully pour into the jar.
4) Attach your Label and Raffia/Ribbon
*When you mix it, it might seem dry at first. Let it sit for just a minute and it will be just fine!
**You can use less oil if you like. It depends on the consistency that you like.
Instructions for the recipient:
- Stir the scrub.
- Take the desired amount of coffee scrub in hand.
- Apply to wet skin in a circular motion.
- Gently rinse off in warm water.
- Blot your skin being careful not to remove all the oil.
- This scrub will keep for a few months at room temperature.
This DIY Coffee Scrub feels so good on the skin. It exfoliates and moisturizes the skin. Some people say the caffeine in the coffee grounds has benefits as well.
If you enjoyed this post, we have more gift ideas on our Pinterest page:
Follow Salvage Sister and Mister’s board Gift Ideas on Pinterest.