Turn yesterday’s leftovers into a whole new meal. This leftover rice burrito bowl can be made with or without meat.
Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories. Stored in the refrigerator of the mind and the cupboard of the heart.-Thomas Fuller
You know, I love me some leftovers!!! I actually have a hard time understanding people that can’t eat them. Some food just tastes even better the next day. Granted, you do have to reheat it properly OR MAKE IT NEW AGAIN…
That’s exactly what is happening with today’s recipe –
Leftover Rice Burrito Bowl
So just to preface this, we are not vegetarians. This just happens to be a meat-free option, helps on the food budget, but you can easily add whatever protein you like.
Really, this can be customized to each person’s liking by setting out all the toppings for each person to make their own….great for picky eaters.
SALVAGE TIP – Since this comes together so quickly, cut up all your toppings ahead on heating anything up so everything is ready to go while it’s hot.
- Leftover Rice, Approx 1 c cooked rice per person
- Green Onions (Chopped), divided
- Fresh Cilantro, divided
- Olive Oil
- Lime, divided
- Cooked Pinto Beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- In a pan, on medium, add a drizzle of olive oil, to coat the pan (or cooking spray)
- To the pan, add some onions. If using yellow onions, cook until onions are tender and then add some of your cilantro.
- Add rice to onion and cilantro mixture. Break apart the rice and cover with a lid, stirring frequently. Cook until rice is warmed through. Note - Add a touch of water/broth if needed.
- Remove rice from the pan and squeeze some lime juice over top., set aside.
- To the rice pan, add the pinto beans (drained but leave just a little of the liquid so the beans don't dry out). Cook until the beans are warmed through. Add any spices, like cumin.
- To the rice pan, add the pinto beans (drained but leave just a little of the liquid so the beans don't dry out). Cook until the beans are warmed through. Add any spices, like cumin and/or chili powder.
- Remove beans and heat up corn with some butter, salt, pepper, and a touch of lime juice, if desired.
- Have all your toppings cut up and ready so everyone can assemble their burrito bowls
Add meat and any other toppings you like.
MORE LEFTOVER GOODNESS
Here are a few more tasty posts we think you will enjoy:
- What to Do with Leftover Cupcakes Dessert Parfait Recipe
- 22 Recipes Using Pickle Juice
- 7 Uses for Overripe Oranges
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this post, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.