Here is a fun on the go breakfast that any member of the family will enjoy – breakfast granola roll-up
I love sleep because it’s a like a time machine to breakfast. – unknown
What’s for breakfast at your house?
CEREAL? OATMEAL? EGGS?
We actually have a schedule here and it has worked for us for years!
A schedule is just a great way to streamline the morning. It takes the guessing out and when school is in session……………. ain’t no one got time for second-guessing. Can we get an AMEN? So here’s what it looks like here.
TUESDAY– Eggs (burrito, sandwich, fried, scrambled, whatever we have time for)
WEDNESDAY– Treat Cereal (First bowl..any after that must be “good” cereal)
THURSDAY – Oatmeal or Granola Roll-Ups or Yogurt Parfait
FRIDAY – Cereal*
SATURDAY – Whatever happens based on plans
SUNDAY – Family Breakfast/Brunch (full on waffles, bacon, etc)
*Cereal must meet “Mom” standards – Dietary Fiber 5g or higher, Protein 5 g or higher, Less than 10g of sugar examples Wheat Chex, GrapeNuts, Kashi, Mini-Wheats are just a few. These are just a guideline for us, but it does also make shopping easier. ALL ABOUT MAKING IT EASY! So here is the “recipe” for………
A family favorite is the granola roll-up. It is easily customizable and perfect for on the go.
*A list of possible substitutions or additions are listed below.
- Peanut Butter
- Apples, chopped
- Take a tortilla and spread your peanut butter of choice all over in a thin layer. I try and keep the edges free of PB so that you don’t get any spilling out when you roll it.
- Chop up apples in small dice and add to the center of the burrito.
- Add granola to the middle. If in big chucks, try to break it up a bit so the roll-up will…..roll.
- Add honey if desired. *We mostly do this when it’s non-sweetened peanut butter or if the apple is on the tart side.
- Roll up burrito-style and cut in two. The best way to roll-up a tortilla is to fold the two end sides in. Next, take one of the open ends of the burrito and fold over the ingredients – pulling the ingredients to the back of the tortilla. While you are rolling, be sure to keep tucking the ends in.
So now that we have shared some of our breakfast ideas, we would love to know yours. Please share in the comments below.
GRANOLA ROLL-UP POSSIBILITIES
This is a quick breakfast and can be adapted to personal preferences. Here’s what you need –
- Tortilla (whole wheat, regular, or whatever you use)
- Peanut Butter (natural, creamy, chunky, almond)
- Apples (or banana works really well too)
- Granola (have also used Kashi too)
- Honey, if desired
- Nuts and raisins are also nice additions
MORE TASTY RECIPES
Here are a few more recipes you may have missed:
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home. If you enjoyed this post, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.