– Jack Nelson
GLASS GLOBE SNOWMAN
One of our most popular post is this Glass Globe Christmas Tree we made from the light fixtures that end up being upgraded. Since they are so plentiful, we knew another project would be inevitable.
So you wanna make a snowman?
*We include affiliate links at no cost to you. If you make a purchase, we could recieve a small amount. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
- 3 Glass Globe -Glass Light Fixtures
- Old Red T-Shirt (or fabric)
- One Frosted White Ornament
- Two Black Circles – Eyes
- Broken Tip of an Orange Pencil – Nose
- Modge Podge
- Hot Glue Gun (and don’t forget these!!!!!)
- Sponge Paint Brush
- Glass Jar (Oui Yogurt Jar used here)
HOW TO MAKE A GLASS GLOBE SNOWMAN
- At the thrift store, pick three globes that sit on top of each other the way you would like. We love the ReStore for items like this, but you can usually find at most thrift stores.
- You can glue the globes together if you like. If you want something super strong and lasting, use a glue that will hold glass like this.
- Next, remove the sticker from your Oui jar and apply a thin layer of modge podge all around, and on top. Then, sprinkle glitter all over and let dry.
- Cut a strip of red fabric, an old t-shirt scrap was used here. then cut the fringe at the ends. Apply glitter if you like.
- Glue eyes and nose on the ornament. We used a broken pencil tip for the nose and cut open to googly craft and used the black part for the snowman eyes.
- Glue the Oui jar to the bottom of the ornament. The hanging part of the ornament will be down in the glass globe.
- Now, glue the snowman head to the body of the snowman.
- Add the scarf.
This Glass Globe Snowman was fun to make and took very little time to put together. Actually, most of the time was spent trying to find items to be the nose and eyes in the craft supply area.
|DID YOU SEE THIS SNOWMAN MADE FROM A DOWNEY UNSTOPPABLE BOTTLE?|
Now, are you ready to see some other amazing projects from the Thrift Style Team?