“There is only one happiness in life, to love and to be loved.”
If you have ever been on a budget, or needed to buy for a family member that doesn’t want anything, here is a fantastic
NO COST gift idea LOVE NOTES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
The theory is very simple but quite touching.
You ask people to take a photo in their hometown, usually in front of a landmark, with a note.
“Tom, Deborah’s love for you is so BIG that it reaches all the way to (location).”
Some people request/want major cities, but you can decide what you are looking for.
- There are actually Facebook groups devoted to finding people to help you in the process. Some of the groups are US based and some are International.
- Ask in plenty of time.
- Come up with whatever saying you like for your card. Here are some additional examples and here.
- Make sure to thank those that helped make your gift possible.
- If you are asking people who aren’t familiar with this, you will need to take a little time to explain and give them the link to this post as sometimes people just are like why don’t you Photoshop it.
- AND, don’t think this is just for couples; this is great for grandparents and parents as well.
How to gift this to your recipient:
You will either have an emailed picture or a screenshot. To keep this no cost, you can create a video montage with all the images from around the country (or world).
Imovie, Movavi Video Editor, Adobe Spark, VideoStudio are just a few programs that should allow you to create this.
No Cost Love Notes from Around the World video example:
*We use affiliate links which means we could receive a small amount if a purchase is made. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
If you don’t want to do a video, you could create a Shutterfly Book as a low cost alternative.
This really is such a touching gift for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, birthdays, anniversary’s, and more.
HERE ARE SOME MORE GIFT IDEAS WE THINK YOU WILL ENJOY:
And, if you have any AMAZING no, or low, cost gift ideas, please leave them below. We love learning from all of our Salvage Sister’s and Mister’s.
This is awesome. This would be fun to do with grandkids.
Deborah Sommerlot says
Oh, for sure. Great idea!