You can have cookies anytime you want by flash freezing cookie dough. Make one for yourself or have them ready for when guests come over unexpectantly.
Your phone rings and your best friend from high school is in town. She is coming over for some coffee in 30 minutes. Hmm, what to serve?
Or what about when you want just one cookie and not an entire batch.
A lot of times we, as in Salvage Sister, will not make a large dessert because it often goes to waste. There is only so much of one dessert you can eat that everyone likes. Since we aren’t big on waste, we have found cookie dough in the freezer is perfect to have on hand.
FROZEN COOKIE DOUGH – CONVENIENCES
- Unexpected Guests
- Portion Control
- Eliminates Waste
And really, who doesn’t love a freshly made cookie?
Now you can buy the cookie dough from a fundraiser or at the store, but it’s so easy to make your own. Plus, you control the ingredients….and it’s cheaper and tastier!
FLASH FREEZING COOKIE DOUGH PROCESS
*We use affiliate links which could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more of our disclosure policy here.
- Make your favorite cookie dough recipe. In fact, you may want to double or triple the recipe.
- On a cookie sheet, use a cookie dough or ice cream scoop to portion them all the same size.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer to freeze each dough ball separately. This can take 6 hours to overnight.
- Once completely frozen, place them in a freezer bag…LABELED and DATED.
- When you are ready to cook, take out as many as you need, and allow to set out for 20-30 minutes if you can. If not, bake for 1-2 minutes more than the recipe calls for. (This can vary based on each oven. Be sure to watch those cookies!)
FINAL TIP – If you want to bake just one or two, a toaster oven and a little baking sheet work great.
Now when the unexpected happens, from a guest coming over to a child sharing a special moment, you will be ready for a quick treat. Oh, and don’t forget the milk!
HOW LONG DOES COOKIE DOUGH LAST IN FREEZER?
Cookie dough generally lasts for 3+ months. I’ve had no problem going longer than 3 months.
|CARAMEL COOKIE CUPS RECIPE|
MORE KITCHEN TIPS
Here are a few more posts to help you make the most with what you got:
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed learning about flash freezing cookie dough, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.