These cozy DIY flannel hand warmers are a wonderful gift to give or to make for yourself. Plus, they are a great way to use up scrap fabric.
Cold hands, warm heart.
When shaking hands with others, I have often heard this saying… cold hands, warm heart. Yes, most times my hands are freezing! What if I said you could have both warm hands AND a warm heart?
Well, here is one solution, hand warmers. They are great anywhere from sitting and watching TV to adding them in your coat pockets on a cold night. AND, they really make a nice gift to give this holiday season.
This craft is easy and I love that I can use scrap fabric for it if you have any.
Sew, are you ready to start?
*We are Amazon Associates and can earn from qualifying purchases via Amazon links. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
Flannel, here are some precut squares that are just slightly smaller than used here
When the weather is hot, keep a cool mind. When the weather is cold, keep a warm heart. – Ajahn Brahm
1. Measure and cut four squares from the flannel fabric 5.5” x 6” using the rotary cutter, mat, and ruler.2. Place two square together right sides out, making sure they are the same size.
3. Get your sewing machine ready and sew 3 sides and part of the 4th sure, leaving 1/2” on all the edges.4. Fill the small squares halfway with rice and sew closed.5. Sew the second set of squares.
6. Place the hand warmers in the microwave for 45-60 seconds and place in your pockets to keep your hands warm.
HERE’S SEW MUCH MORE…
We have some fabulous projects we think you will really enjoy:
- Make Your Own Jolly Old Saint Nicholas Scrap Fabric Craft
- UpCycled Advent Calendar from Fabric Scraps
- How to Sew Quilted Fabric Scraps Pot Holders
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Our goal is to help you make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this flannel hand warmer post, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.
Flannel Hand Warmers
These flannel hand warmers are a great way to keep your human paws warm this winter season.
- Sewing Machine
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter
- Measure and cut four squares from the flannel fabric 5.5” x 6” using the rotary cutter, mat, and ruler
- Place two square together right sides out, making sure they are the same size.
- Get your sewing machine ready and sew 3 sides and part of the 4th sure, leaving 1/2” on all the edges.
- Fill the small squares halfway with rice and sew closed.
- Sew the second set of squares.
- Place the hand warmers in the microwave for 45-60 seconds and place in your pockets to keep your hands warm.
Leave a Reply