*Affiliate links used showing similar items used. See our full Disclosure Policy HERE.
I, Salvage Sister, and a compulsive singer.
I pretty much sing everything.
My family knows that….and they ALL love it ….maybe!
They also know that, right now, if you even mention the word FIRE, I will be breaking out my version of Alicia Keys, Girl on Fire song
Oh, did you say your food is (hot) on fire?
“Your food is on fiiiiiiiiiiiire. Your food is on fiiiiiirrrrre.”
So when we were working on our FIREplace area, in our family room, you know what was being sung along the way.
This room had an interesting gas insert that well…..looked like this………..
Don’t be jealous.
We know it was lovely before and all, but we thought it wouldn’t hurt to play around with it a little.
- A little sandpaper was used to buff off the gold a little. (FREE)
- Some black spray paint to cover up the gold. (FREE)
(No we are not gold haters, just didn’t fancy this!)
- Added a couple of pieces of SALVAGED wood that were just placed on the top and sides to bring it all together. (FREE)
- Removed the mantel (FREE)
- Painted the paneling (ALREADY HAD)
- And took out the carpet (New Flooring).
More of this room to come.
Oh, and we can’t forget about the garage sale/thrift store finds, already had items, and family keepsakes!
So what do you think?
Is this room on Fiiiiiiiire?
See more home updates, like this bathroom makeover here.