“Profiter de choses simples de la vie”
– Enjoy the simple things in life.
Table of Contents
FAUX FRENCH COUNTRY PALLET WALL ART
Do you ever have anything that you think, I could do something with that?
STORY……. OF…… MY……. LIFE!
When I saw this large flat piece of corrugated cardboard I knew I had to make something with it.
Funny how one piece of cardboard actually sparked many ideas, but for now I settled on this faux pallet art project.
I created mine in a french country style, but you can let your imagination take over and decide how you want yours. In fact, wouldn’t this be so fun for a ladies night craft event where everyone can make their own?
Let’s get started:
*Affiliate links used to show exact, or similar, products used. We could receive a small commission if you use our links. You can view our full disclosure policy here.
- Flat Piece of Cardboard
- Exacto Knife or Utility Knife
- Yard Stick
- Wood Stain, this is the one I used
- White Stain
- Foam Brushes
- Fine Sanding Block, if desired
- Flowers, like these lavender ones
- Hot Glue Gun/Glue
- Floral Tape or Wire
- Large Sharpie
- On a flat sturdy surface, draw design of the pallet lines, with a pencil. I did 3 inches and a half inch cut out.
- Using a utility knife, or Exacto knife, cut out the capes between each faux piece of pallet wood pieces. Be sure to leave the ends connected.
- Once the cardboard has been cut to resemble a pallet, I applied the stain, alternating between a wood and white stain. Let dry.
- While stain is drying, gather your flower bunch and bundle together using floral wire or tape. You will want the bunch to be able to lay flat on the cardboard so gather with that in mind. Tie a piece of twine in the middle.
- After the stain is dry, you can apply the bundle of flowers to the faux pallet with hot glue. BTW – these are ammmmazing to protect your fingers when using a hot glue gun.
- Finally, add any word(s) that you like, first with a pencil, and then trace over with a sharpie.
HOW TO HANG YOUR FRENCH COUNTRY PALLET WALL ART:
You can easily set this on a table to make a lovely vignette, but if you want to hang it on the wall, I recommend these, for no damage, or you can use strong tape/hot glue and add a string of twine to the back to create a hanger. Make it as long or as short as you like. I would use a long piece so that the twine is showing.
If you enjoyed this French Country Pallet Wall Art Project, here are a few others we think you will enjoy: