Making a faux crystal chandelier from a thrift store find.
We will either find a way, or make one. – Hannibal
*We use affiliate links which could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more of our disclosure policy here.
At the heart of this site, is a desire to say,
If there is a will, there is a way!
Now, I am not usually a fancy person nor one to follow popular trends, but I would love to do something like this crystal light fixture in my bedroom.
Now, my two problems with purchasing one are:
- Not really sure the Mister would support this look.
- Will I want it for a significant period of time or just for a moment? I tend to change my mind a bit.
Making a faux version allows me to try it out for a while.
I picked up this silver chandelier from the ReStore for $5. (You all know The ReStore is my home away from home for this fixer-upper home and projects!)
JAZZING UP THE PLAIN CHANDELIER
Next up, ordered some crystal chain and beads:
- Magnificent Crystal 6 Feet Clear Sparkly Acrylic Beaded Chandelier Lamp Chain, By Crystalplace
- CrystalPlace 5 X-large AAA Top Quality Clear Crystal Chandelier Teardrop Prisms Lamp Parts
The crystals were just draped around the chandelier. They will just pull right off when we change it out so it can be used in another project.
The last thing that was done was to change the light bulbs.
For around $30, total I have a Faux Chandelier. Since the other ones are $100+ this is a good amount of savings and allows me to test the waters if you will.
MORE BUDGET-FRIENDLY POSTS
Here are a few more posts of making the most with what you have:
- DIY Wood Framed Floor Mirror
- Under $500 Thrifty Kitchen Makeover
- 20 Budget-Friendly Farmhouse Projects
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home. If you enjoyed this post, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.
Leave a Reply