A thrift store transformation from blah to this easy DIY farmhouse coffee table makeover.
The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life. -Marie Kondo
THERE SHE WAS JUST A LONELY COFFEE TABLE IN NEED OF A MAKEOVER
You walk into a thrift store and staring back at you is a great coffee table. It would be so fun to refinish,…………BUT it’s got a hold sticker on it.
A) Walk away disappointed.
B) Talk to a worker to see what the story is.
Of course, B won out!!! It NEVER hurts to ask!
After talking with an employee, the deadline for the hold had passed awhile ago. The table was available for purchase……commence happy dancing!💃
With just a little bit of DIYing, this was going to be a beauty!
COFFEE TABLE MAKEOVER SUPPLIES
**Affiliate links used and we could earn from qualified purchases. You can see our full Disclosure Policy HERE.
MORE DIY MAKEOVERS
EASY TABLE MAKEOVER INSTRUCTIONS
- Lightly sand the legs.
- Tape off the top area (unless you are painting the whole piece)
- In a well-ventilated area, spray the legs with light even coats.
- Do as many coats as needed to get desired coverage, making sure each coat is dried before applying another.
- Distress as you like. This was done with just a little sandpaper.
- After the piece is completely dried, apply a thin coat of clear wax with a paint/foam brush.
This was one of those pieces you want to keep for yourself so baddddddd, but thankfully, it found a good forever home.
Have you ever painted furniture with chalk spray paint before? This was our first, but it won’t be the last.
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this DIY farmhouse coffee table makeover, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.