WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
You walk into a thrift store and staring back at you is an ahhhhhmazing farmhouse coffee table. It would be so fun to refinish,…………BUT it’s got a hold sticker on it.
A) Walk away disappointed.
B) Talk to a worker to see what the story is.
Of course, B won out!!! It NEVER hurts to ask!
After talking with an employee, the deadline for the hold had passed awhile ago. The table was available for purchase……commence happy dancing!
With just a little bit of DIYing, this was going to be a beauty!
FARMHOUSE COFFEE TABLE
**Affiliate links used to show like or similar products used. You can see our full Disclosure Policy HERE.
- Lightly sand the legs.
- Tape off the top area (unless you are painting the whole piece)
- In a well ventilated area, spray the legs with light even coats.
- Do as many coats as needed to get desired coverage, making sure each coat is dried before applying another.
- Distress as you like. This was done with just a little sandpaper.
- After the piece is completely dried, apply thin coat of clear wax with a paint/foam brush.
This was one of those pieces you want to keep for yourself so baddddddd! But thankfully, it found a good forever home.
Have you ever painted furniture with chalk spray paint before? This was our first, but won’t be the last.
Here are a few more posts we think you will enjoy:
PIN TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS: