– Nikko Gibler
Boho Inspired Embroidery Hoop Yarn Art Wall Hanging
- Embroidery Hoop…usually easy to find at your local thrift store
- Various Yarns..8 were used in this project, including a t shirt yarn leftover from this project
- Dowel..the one used here is from a small flag from the thrift store.
- Hot Glue (if desired)
- The point of the flag, and the flag itself, was removed (no flags were harmed in the making of this craft.) You can easily substitute a small dowel and cut it to fit inside the embroidery hoop.
- Yarn was selected with a color base of blue, green, and purple.
- Decide on the design of your hoop yarn art.
- Cut the yarn, for your first color. You will need to cut the yarn double the length you want it. This design is using 10 strings for thin yarn and 5 strings for thick.
- Double the piece of yarn and place behind the dowel with the loop at top and the two ends at the bottom. Pull the ends through the loop around the dowel.
- Continue this process with all colors of yarn in desired lengths. Note – Remember to loop all yarn the same way so the knot, loop around the dowel, is going the same way each time.
- After the dowel is completely full, packed, you can glue or set the dowel inside the embroidery hoop.
- If desired, take another piece of string/yarn, and loop around the top to hang on the wall.