**Affiliate links used to show like or similar items used or recommended. See full Disclosure Policy HERE.
Think you don’t like Brussel sprouts? I am going to warn you now, I have converted people to the pro Brussel Sprout side.
Using them raw, in a salad, is one of my major platforms in my campaign.
(Roasted with a balsamic vinegar glaze is another…and for another blog post day!)
Brussel sprouts are in season right now, and sometimes you can find them in the store on their stalk…so cool!
This Shaved Brussel Sprout and Cranberry Salad is a great side dish and so easy to throw together.
Also, the great thing about cabbage type salads is they don’t wilt, like traditional lettuce, so they can be out for awhile with no problem.
- Stalk of Brussel Sprouts or about 1 1/2 lbs
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pepita Seeds *available in most bulk food sections
- Sliced Almonds
- Dried Cranberries
- Parmesan Cheese
- Dressing (We prefer homemade, but your favorite Italian or vinaigrette dressing will work.)
- Cut off Brussel sprouts from their stalk if you got them on it already.
- Thinly shave sprouts with a knife or a mandoline.
- Add seeds and cranberries to the salad as much as you prefer.
- Add dressing
- Top with fresh parmesan
Told you it would be super simple!
Now that’s a perfect side dish to bring to a fall dinner party, have for a dinner side dish, or even on the Thanksgiving table.
Be prepared for converts.
We would love it if you would pin this to share with others:
Here are some other posts to check out:
If you make the salad, we would love to know if you were converted.
Our goal at Salvage Sister & Mister is to assist you in salvaging your time, money, resources, and moments for your BEST LIFE.