Easter Basket Farmhouse Style
“Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all your eggs in one basket.”
– Evan Esar
Every month a group of bloggers are challenged by C’mon Get Crafty to create a new craft or project from their own stash of goodies! Check out some awesome creations you might be able to make from your own stash! #CraftRoomDestashChallengeWhat crafty creations could you make today from YOUR craft stash?! #CraftRoomDestashChallengeClick To Tweet
If you’d like to join in the Craft Room De-Stash Challenge, you can request to join our Facebook group here!
First, I have to warn you, I am a sucker for baskets. They are so useful for organizing and displaying items. And is there ever too many baskets…asking for a friend 😉
So, I had this little Easter Basket and knew it would just need a little makeover to help it along.
EASTER BASKET MAKEOVER – FARMHOUSE STYLE
Here’s what I used:
*Affiliate links are used to show like or similar items used. You can read full disclosure policy HERE.
- Easter Basket (Tip – You can often find these at the thrift store)
- Small Cup
- Pruning Shears (or something to take remove the handles)
- Paint or Foam Brush
- White Paint
- Paper Towels
- Vintage Tag
- Thin Wire
Here’s what I did:
- With pruning shears, I removed the handle of the basket.
- Using a paper towel, or brush, a light application of stain was added to the outside of the basket, let dry.
- I then lightly applied a slight bit of white paint to the outside of the basket and rubbed with a paper towel, let dry.
- Finally, I applied a postal tag that I had in my craft supplies, onto the front of the basket, using thin wire.
Here is another thrift store project I think you are going to like….
Now, aren’t you curious to see what everyone else made with their stash? #usewhatyougot