Today I am joining with some bloggers to share ways to use up items in our craft stash. You know, that big pile of stuff that is begging to be used!!!!
If you’d like to join in the Craft Room De-Stash Challenge, you can request to join our Facebook group here!
First, I have to warn you, I am a sucker for baskets. They are so useful for organizing and displaying items. And is there ever too many baskets…asking for a friend 😉
So, I had this little Easter Basket and knew it would just need a little makeover to help it along.
EASTER BASKET MAKEOVER – FARMHOUSE STYLE
Here’s what I used:
*Affiliate links are used to show like or similar items used. You can read full disclosure policy HERE.
- Easter Basket (Tip – You can often find these at the thrift store)
- Small Cup
- Pruning Shears (or something to take remove the handles)
- Paint or Foam Brush
- White Paint
- Paper Towels
- Vintage Tag
- Thin Wire
Here’s what I did:
- With pruning shears, I removed the handle of the basket.
- Using a paper towel, or brush, a light application of stain was added to the outside of the basket, let dry.
- I then lightly applied a slight bit of white paint to the outside of the basket and rubbed with a paper towel, let dry.
- Finally, I applied a postal tag that I had in my craft supplies, onto the front of the basket, using thin wire.
Now, aren’t you curious to see what everyone else made with their stash? #usewhatyougot