A super easy dollar store heart sign craft for your Valentine’s Day decor. If you are a crafter, you may already have many of these items on hand.
If you have been around here for any amount of time, you may know we love simple and budget-friendly crafts like this Valentine’s Day garland made from cardboard or this beaded version using leftover supplies.
To continue on this theme we are sharing anew Dollar Store craft today.
Disclaimer, the thrift store is actually a great place to find crafts too! Many people get over zealous when purchasing supplies and a lot ends up at the thrift store. You just might not have the exact items you are looking for. That can be fun if you want to go off script.
Heart Sign Craft Supplies
*We are Amazon affiliate links and could receive a commission from qualified purchases.
Each Dollar Store is different so get creative with what yours has or order what you need:
- Heart grapevine mini wreaths
- Craft sticks
- Artificial flowers – mini roses
- Brown craft paint
- White craft paint
- Hot glue
****If you want a kit, minus the craft sticks, this craft kit is a really good option.
Dollar Store Heart Sign Craft Instructions
- Lay out craft sticks. There are 11 horizontal. The three vertical ones will be used to glue to the back for structure. If your wreath is bigger, just add more craft sticks.
- Turn craft stick “sign” over and begin to paint sign white. Let dry.
- Lightly paint the sign brown for a rustic look..You can take a paper towel to wipe off excess. This can help with creating some lines. Let this dry.
- With a dry paintbrush, lightly take full color brown paint and streak paint over the sign.
- Hot glue the grapevine mini wreath to your faux “pallet” sign.
- fNext, you will take the roses off the stems of the flower picks and glue them on the wreath as you like.
- With some scissors, cut off some of the greenery to glue to your wreath.
- If you like, hot glue some twine to the back of the wreath to hang up.
Wouldn’t this be a fun craft to do for a Ladies Night Out? You can add this embroidery hoop craft too. So fun!
Wouldn’t this be so pretty for a wedding as well? You could add names to the middle for place settings!
Want more budget-friendly crafts?
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter so you will be advised when we post new projects and recipes.
And here are some past projects we think you will enjoy: