“Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world”
– Brene Brown
Welcome “Salvage” Friends!
Typing that reminds me of that old show Sanford and Son. Do you remember it? Often, when I am junkin, that song pops into my head.
Bom bom bom bom bom bom. #alwaysasong
Anyways, today we would like to welcome a sweet friend Tina. You may know her as @rustique_luxe on Instagram. She is an amazing DIY and Home Décor Ig’er and also has a ETSY shop as well.
She shares such fun projects and agreed to let us in on this beauty:
DIY Upcycled Chalkboard
They had made this chalkboard because she had been wanting a large one for their dining room for awhile now. (We also had a similar dilemma and made this magnetic one.)
- Tape Measure
- Saw (hand, circular, table..)
- Paint Brush
- Sander (hand sanding works just fine!)
- Nail Gun (hammer and nails also work just fine! You can also use Glazing Push Points)
PencilSaw (hand, circular, table..)
- Measure the back of the frame insert
- Cut plywood to fit your frame (You can also take dimensions, or frame, with you to lumber yard. Most will cut for you.)
- Sand plywood
- Paint plywood (for the chalkboard paint, we find it better to use a sponge brush or small roller.)
- Sand, paint, distress, and wax frame if desired
- Measure and place hangers on the back of the frame (if needed)
- Attach plywood with nails or push points
This is part of our #ssmfeatureme series where we showcase various waste not, want not projects. If you have a project or recipe that makes the most with what you got you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Instagram tag #ssmfeatureme.
Here are a few other features we think you will love: