You can make this DIY upcycle framed chalkboard easily with this tutorial.
Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world– Brene Brown
Welcome “Salvage” Friends!
Typing that reminds me of that old show Sanford and Son. Do you remember it? Often, when I am junkin, that song pops into my head. Bom bom bom bom bom bom. #alwaysasong
Today we would like to welcome a sweet friend Tina, @rustique_luxe on Instagram. She is an amazing Home Décor Ig’er and also has an ETSY shop as well.
She shares such fun projects and agreed to let us in on this beauty:
Table of Contents
DIY Upcycle Framed Chalkboard
She had made this chalkboard because she had been wanting a large one for their dining room for a while now. (We also had a similar dilemma and made this magnetic one.)
Affiliate links used and we could earn from qualified purchases You can see our full disclosure policy here for additional information.
- An old frame (any size)
- Chalk Paint (or any paint of your choice)
- 3/8″ AC Plywood
- Chalkboard Paint
- Saw Tooth Hangers
- 120 Grit Sand Paper
- Clear Wax
- Wax Brush
- Tape Measure
- Saw (hand, circular, table..)
- Sander (hand sanding works just fine!)
- Nail Gun (A hammer and nails also work just fine! You can also use Glazing Push Points)
- Measure the back of the frame insert
- Cut plywood to fit your frame (You can also take dimensions, or frame, with you to a lumber yard. Most will cut for you.)
- Sand plywood
- Paint plywood (for the chalkboard paint, we find it better to use a sponge brush or small roller.)
- Sand, paint, distress, and wax frame if desired
- Measure and place hangers on the back of the frame (if needed)
- Attach plywood with nails or push points
MORE FARMHOUSE STYLE DIY PROJECTS
Here are a few top posts you may have missed:
- How to Make: Home Decor Rope Beehive
- Farmhouse Thrift Store Tray Makeover
- 20 Budget-Friendly Farmhouse Projects
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this DIY upcycle framed chalkboard, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.