I think very often the price paid for a work is the trophy itself. – Arne Glimcher
And the award goes to…….
Ah, the feeling of winning a golden statue with your name on….wait, a second…..I don’t even think I’ve ever won a trophy!!! 😂
Apparently, there are MANY who have won and the thrill is gone…..
If you’ve been to a thrift store recently, you may have seen the big shelf of trophies. Since they really aren’t a lot of uses after the initial presentation and shelf display, I thought we better get busy making one for the Thrifty Style Team this month.
We found these matching trophies and thought they would make perfect bookends. Now, if you don’t have matching ones, no problem. We think two different styles would be fun as well.
TIP– Pick out trophies with a stronger base so they will support the books.
*We use affiliate links to show the same or similar items used here. We could receive a small commission if a purchase is made. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
- Two Trophies, matched or not
- Paint, here is what I used but this color would be really great too or use what you have on hand as I did
- Spray Tent, if desired
- Remove the nameplate, if desired (I did not).
- Clean trophies and let dry.
- Place your trophies in the spray tent so you can spray easily and no overspray on anything else.
- Apply light even coats to your trophies. Repeat until covered.
That’s it! A super easy way to repurpose old trophies don’t you think? Great for an office or teen room. And really, if you don’t want to paint them, don’t! It’s your project so do what works for you.
Now, a couple of things before you go:
Tell us what you would do, or have done, with old trophies.
If you enjoyed this post, we would love it if you would share it. Be sure to check out the other Thrifty Style Team Projects:
Let’s see what the other fabulous Thrifty Style Team designers have created!
- DIY Rose Wedding Bouquet by Redhead Can Decorate
- 7 Thrifty Fall Decor Ideas by 2 Bees in a Pod
- DIY Trophy Bookends by Salvage Sister and Mister
- Snap Bag Simple Tutorial for Makeup Brushes and More by Hearth and Vine
- Plain Wood Crates, Stained & Lettered by Bliss Ranch
- Repurposed Drawers for Storage and Display by DIY Beautify
- Shabby Chic Farmhouse Hutch Makeover by The How to Home
- French Lavender Linen Spray by I Should be Mopping the Floor
- Cheap No Sew Curtain for the RV by Chatfield Court
- DIY Boxwood Wreath by Creekline House
- Updated Painted Metal Lanterns by Cottage at the Crossroads
- Thrifty String Art Made With Embroidery Hoops by Meegan Makes
Finally, here are a few repurposed posts we think you will enjoy………..
And here’s another thrift store trophy transformation we think you will enjoy: White Trophies