“Creativity is making marvelous out of the discarded.”
TISSUE PAPER WASHI TAPE
Do you know the crazy people, at parties, that stop and gather leftover bags, tissue paper, ribbons, and such? Yep, I am THAT person. You can call me a tissue paper hoarder if you like; I am okay with that. I just love reusing it, like making these gorgeous flowers. If you are a creative person, you are probably very familiar with washi tape. If you aren’t familiar with it, washi is a type of masking tape made of washi paper. It’s wonderful because it’s not only pretty, but it doesn’t damage what you place it on and can be torn easily. Today, we are joining several friends in a ……
So let’s get started….
*Affiliate links used to share the same or similar items used. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
- Tissue Paper
- Masking Tape
- Mod Podge (here’s a kit with foam brushes and mod podge)
- Foam Brush
- Wax Paper
- Lay out your wax paper or any surface the tape can be easily removed.
- Tear off a piece of masking tape and stick to the wax paper.
- Cut off a piece of tissue slightly larger than the masking tape.
- Lightly apply Mod Podge to the back of the masking tape (non-sticky side) and then carefully set tissue on top.
- Peel off the tape and cut the excess tissue paper off.
- Apply your DIY tissue paper washi to whatever you like.
OTHER DIY TISSUE PAPER WASHI TAPE OPTION~ You can use regular double sided tape here instead. Although, it will be more sticky and also have a smaller coverage area.
USES FOR DIY WASHI TAPE
Really, washi can be applied to so many things and is easily removed. Here are just a few ideas:
- Paper Crafts
- And here are 16 creative ideas to use washi tape.
Not only is this a great way to use up tissue paper, but it’s also works to customize your washi to what you need rather than trying to use just the options of washi colors you have on hand. Do you love washi? If so, what do you use it on? Here are a few more posts we think you will enjoy:
Don’t forget to check out the other craft de-stash projects…..