How to turn the discarded into a fun party item – DIY junk mail confetti.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forvever. – Joe Bob Briggs
JUNK MAIL CONFETTI
Sure, we are excited to get “happy mail”, and we know to pay our bills, but what about all the rest?
Of course, you can try and get removed off all the lists, but so far I haven’t been successful at that. If you would like to try that, here is some more info.
But, if you still have some end up with some around, here is one idea:
TIP: I especially like to use colorful brochures and catalogs.
*Affiliate links are used and could earn from qualifying purchases
- Junk Mail
- Paper Punch, a set like this works well
I just so happen to find my punches at a thrift store. Did you know thrift stores can be a great place to find craft supplies? Here are some more items to get at a thrift store.
- Taking the piece of mail, if you don’t want to see writing, look at both sides of the paper to make sure there are no words.
- Using the hole punch, punch out your confetti.
Use this junk mail confetti in place of traditional confetti which is not very earth-friendly.
MORE WAYS TO REUSE JUNK MAIL
- If you are a crafter, there are lots of craft projects you can do like making beads, bookmarks, etc!
- Shred the non-glossy, black and white, paper and use it as compost.
- Shred the colorful paper and use it as fill for presents in gift bags.
- Catalogs, that you want, can be used for home decorating inspiration and they are FREE. Catalogs that you don’t want, call the toll-free # to “opt-out”. Plus, they can be great for collages and the kids’ art projects.
- Paid Envelopes can be used for grocery lists. You can put your coupons right inside, and you are ready for the store.
- Paper that is only printed on one side becomes scratch paper. We have a designated spot for this in the house so it’s not all over the place.
- Crumble up the paper and use it as packing material for presents you are sending soon (In case you missed the signs, Christmas is coming up).
- Anyone into Origami?
- Here are some ideas on how to reuse some of your magazines!
MORE SALVAGE POSTS
Here are a few more posts we think you will enjoy:
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed learning how to make junk mail confetti, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.
I love how you created junk confetti! How exciting! That be fun to throw at a wedding !
Salvage Sister & Mister says
Thank you Maria! That would be fun at a wedding