Turning a pair of thrift store heels into something glamourous with this DIY glitter shoe tutorial.
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.
Want to feel like Cinderella at the ball? This DIY glitter shoe tutorial is a great way to transform thrift store heels.
We had a family friend who made these and was kind enough to share the tutorial with us.
The original instructions were in German and they tried to translate it to English when they made them.
DIY GLITTER SHOE TUTORIAL
*Affiliate links showing the same or similar items used. We can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
- Old Shoes
- Glitter from Rayher 110g (used ArtMinds Extra Fine Glitter)
- Fabric glue of Stanger (used Aleene’s OK to Wash-it permanent fabric adhesive)
- Paint Brush (a foam one works perfectly)
- Clear-Coat from Marabu (used Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating 1303)
- Apply glue onto shoes one by one with a thin layer of fabric glue. One shoe at a time so the glue doesn’t dry out.
- Glitter generously with sprinkles and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a well-ventilated area evenly spray with clear coat. Complete two layers spraying at least 30 minutes before the next application!
TIPS – Make sure you place the shoes on something they won’t stick to while drying. Wax paper or spray newspaper with non-stick spray (but wash off the bottom of the shoes before wearing so you don’t slip and fall).
MORE SALVAGE & THRIFTED FASHION
Here are a few more posts we think you will enjoy:
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home. If you enjoyed this DIY glitter shoe tutorial, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.