Creating colorful pom pom garland with leftover craft supplies.
One of the things we see over and over again at thrift stores is craft supplies.
If you are a crafter, you know there are lots of bits and pieces left over from projects. This is why we joined with some other bloggers for a January Crafty Destash Challenge. The idea was to see what you could make with some items you had lying around. That is perfect for our ‘waste not, want not’ site!!!
Recently, we did these “Hatch” Animal Valentine’s and had a HUGE bag of little pom pom’s still leftover. It could take a while to use these up unless we found something that used a ton at a time.
COLORFUL CRAFT POM POM GARLAND
How cute would this be for a birthday party, kid’s room, or a Cinco De Mayo celebration? And you can change up the colors so you can make it whatever theme you want.
This project couldn’t be easier.
*Affiliate links used and we can earn from qualifying purchases. You can view our full Disclosure Policy here.
- Craft Pom Pom’s (we used some like these but next time we will use these cute ones!!!!)
Yep, that’s it……..ain’t’ got no time for complicated.
- Thread the needle.
- If the pom pom’s are different sizes, make sure to decide on a pattern. This one started as one large and two small but then changed to all the small size for a more uniform look.
- Decide if you want any space after so many poms. These are all together but you could easily space them out by using a ruler to give equal distance. You could tie each space off but we found the pom’s don’t really move on the thread.
- Thread the needle through the middle of each pom pom. If you really want a crisp look, really focus on getting the middle. If you don’t care as much, you don’t have to worry about getting the exact middle.
- Alternate colors if desired.
- When you have your desired length, you can tie it off and cut the thread.
Oh, If you have a kitty, watch those playful paws trying to get your thread and poms!
Now don’t forget to check out what some other bloggers created with their craft stash so you can use up what you have.
MORE CRAFT PROJECTS
Here are a few of our top craft projects in case you missed them:
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this colorful pom pom garland, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.