Cleaning makeup brushes using shampoo…sample travel shampoo or just a shampoo that didn’t work for your hair will do.
With a good makeup brush, every woman can be an artist. – unknown
When was the last time your makeup brushes were cleaned?
Yeah, thought so.
Here is an easy way to clean them using the hotel shampoo bottle you have lying around. Or, this is a great reuse for that shampoo that you didn’t work on your hair quite as well as you hoped.
- 2 Bowls
CLEANING MAKEUP BRUSHES
- Fill two bowls of lukewarm water.
- In the first bowl, add a few drops of the shampoo, mix with a spoon. Note- You don’t need or want, a lot of soap.
- Swirl your brushes around in the soapy water so that the bristles stay together.
- Gently squeeze out the soapy water going from the neck of the brush to the tip.
- Change out the water as needed (this depends on the last time you washed them.)
- Repeat until, when you squeeze out the brush, the water is clear.
- Rinse out the brush by swirling it in the second bowl of just water.
- Squeeze out brushes and lay them flat on a clean towel to dry. I usually will wash them after I apply my makeup in the morning and then they have the day and night to dry out.
Don’t forget the makeup sponges aren’t disposable and can be washed as well.
Here are a few more salvaged ideas we think you will enjoy:
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed learning about cleaning makeup brushes with shampoo, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.