You can make this cute bunny butt craft decoration with just a few supplies. It’s removable so you can add it to whatever you want, a plant, Easter basket, bucket, etc.
The wise bunny knows the carrot will not hop to him. – Bunny Buddism
Have you seen all the cute bunny butt items out there? So adorable.
I decided that I needed to make my own using supplies I already had on hand.
The best part of this craft? You can take it and put it on just about anything you want. It’s easy to add them and then remove them when you Easter/Spring décor is over.
So let’s hop to it (sorry…not sorry!):
BUNNY BUTT SUPPLIES
*We are Amazon Associates and could earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more of our disclosure policy here.
- Piece of cardboard #salvaged
- Fabric, buffalo plaid grey
- Regular Scissors
- Hot Glue/Glue Gun
- Small Sharp Scissors
- Pom-Pom Maker
- Yarn (mine was thrifted)
- Stiffened Felt – White
- Pink Felt
- Tacky Glue
- Command Strips, if needed
*The small sharp scissors are important here. You will need this most importantly in the pom making/trimming and to cut out the felt.
|I used the same fabric for this project – DIY Cardboard Box Laundry Basket|
BNNY BUTT CRAFT INSTRUCTIONS
- To make the ears, I cut pieces of cardboard (great reuse) from a box. The first one I cut free hand and used it as a template to cut the second ear. I then cut fabric to go over the cardboard overlapping and hot gluing to the back. Salvage Tip – Place fabric over the plain side of the cardboard if there is print or design on it.
- Tail – using a pom-pom maker, wrap your yarn around the maker. I have this set and used the smaller of the two. If you don’t have a pom maker, you can try these tutorials using a fork or toilet paper rolls.
- For the rabbit foot, using the stiffened white felt, I cut out (freehand) one foot. I then use that to cut out the second foot. For the pads, I used the pink felt and cut out three tiny circles and one medium oval for each foot. They were glued on using tacky glue. Here are some other glues that would work for felt.
ATTACHING BUNNY BUTT CRAFT DECORATION
Here’s what I did to make this decoration removable:
- I hot glued the rabbit paws/feet onto the pom.
- The bunny tail was tied to a branch. If you were using this in a basket for an Easter gift, you could tie the tail onto an item in the basket or you could just attach it to a pencil and stick it in whatever you are using.
- The ears in this craft were just tucked into the plant. You could easily use command strips to attach them and remove when you are ready.
Not only is this a cute decoration, but it’s easy to store and I feel good using items I already had.
Here are a few more spring projects we think you will enjoy:
- DIY Colorful Spring Terracotta Pot Basket Decor or Gift
- Spring Floral Pillow Covers
- No Sew Sock Bunny Easter Craft
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this bunny butt craft, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.