If you have been with us for awhile, you may have seen our KITCHEN CABINET MAKEOVER.
Here’s a glimpse (after pictured/to see the before and details click on link above)….
Because our kitchen cabinets were soooooo not what we wanted, the decision to paint was an EASY ONE!
The only things we would do differently would be have a little more patience, we tried to get it done before we moved in AND had helpers that were pretty young, and do some additional research on techniques. We actually had to take paint off and start over…NOT FUN!!
So are you ready to start?
Yeah, it’s kind of scary for the average person:
- It seems so permanent.
- It seems so daunting.
- It seems so difficult.
Well take heart friends:
- It can be changed.
- It can be done in stages.
- It might not be as difficult as you think.
Case in point…………………………….
The Mister’s Mom moved into her new home in 2002 . At the time, honey cabinets were the bomb.com. (Sorry, for the slang but we have two teen boys we must properly embarrass.)
She did this project COMPLETELY by herself.
Paint Kitchen Cabinets
Didn’t she do an amazing job?
Here’s what you need (Amazon affiliate links provided to show the actual product):
What to do:
- Remove cabinet doors (place in order or number to keep track of what goes where)
- Sand cabinets
- Apply 2-3 coats of paint (this particular paint advises to sand after each coat but that didn’t work for us). Let dry after each coat of paint.
- Apply 2 coats of the poly (let dry after each coat)
Are you ready to tackle this job now? YOU CAN DO IT!!!
This house is on a budget remodel, here are some other projects that have been done:
Are you ready to tackle this job now?